Spice up your guacamole with a hint of lime and ginger!
Guacamole is one of our favorite dips. The soft, delicate and tasty dip is not least versatile, and can be used for vegetables, in sandwiches, homemade burgers or as an accompaniment to salads. At BAR DJUS, we have chosen to experiment a bit with what we were experts at in advance: Juice. Out of our experiment, came a quite traditional guacamole, with a hint of ginger. The sharp taste of ginger plays incredibly well with the soft consistency of the avocado. Especially if you are creative with the combinations, you will find that ginger is in good contrast to the kitchens you typically find guacamole in.
- 2 avocados
- 2 shallots or red onion
- 2 tbsp. 18% sour cream – natural yoghurt can also be used
- 1 clove of garlic
- 35 ml. limejuice
- 10 ml. ginger juice
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Chop the onions into small cubes and combine them with the avocados and a pressed clove of garlic in a hand blender.
- Add the sour cream and lime and ginger juice here. Finally add salt and pepper.
- Blend the mass with the stick blender and let the guacamole soak for 20 minutes.
- From here, season it with additional salt and pepper if needed.